The countdown to Christmas is on! I’m definitely feeling the excitement and anticipation leading up to this special day. Now that Zasha and Zaphora are a bit older, my intention this year is to introduce them to new Holiday traditions. With Christmas 10 days away I wanted to share just a few of those traditions in a new Christmas Countdown series.
The Holidays are all about enjoying quality time with our families at home, but there is so much magic to experience throughout the City at this time of the year. So fellow Torontonians, bundle up and head on out there! I have compiled a list of activities and things to do with your families. I am so excited to be scratching off some of these from our list in the next couple of days!
8 Things To Do In Toronto Right Now
- A Visit to the Toronto Christmas Market. If you’re like me, just once is not enough. Day or night this place is always magical. I recommend going during the week because weekends are packed.
- Winterlicious: Toronto’s biggest winter culinary event. The perfect opportunity to discover delicious cuisine at more than 200 restaurants!
- Catching a Raptors Game: Not your typical Christmas activity but if you’re looking for some cheer, you’ll find plenty inside the
SctotiaBank Arena. They are killing it right now and all I want to do is go to one of their games and cheer my butt off.
- Going to see the Nutcracker: There are a few of them happening around the GTA. The Nutcracker ballet is a classic holiday experience for the whole family!
- Ice skating at Nathan Phillips Square: Their Holiday Fair in the Square runs December 1st – 23rd and it has festive fun for everyone!
- Winter at Ontario Place: Some of the highlights are their skate parties, their winter light exhibition, and their Cinesphere.
- Visit The Happy Place: For people who want the festivity without all the Christmassy stuff. This is a pop-up experience in Toronto with amazing installations and a whole lot of Instagram potential!
- Driving Around People’s Houses and Enjoy The Lights: Grab hot Chocolate for the whole family and drive around festive neighborhoods It’s free and always such a pretty sight!